Friday, July 15, 2011

Swimming Lessons


The boys did another round of swimming lessons this summer and they improved a lot.  Evan worked on breast stroke, back stroke, and crawl stroke with the proper breathing and kicking.  Seems kind of crazy at 6 but he did awesome.  He was definitely the youngest and smallest in his class but that didn't stop him.
 
He did his lessons in the diving pool and even got to jump off of the diving board and swim to the side with no help.  It scared me at first but he did great!
 
This was Kyle's first year in the pool by himself.  I'm not sure he ever spoke to anyone, but he followed directions and had fun, and most kids didn't talk.
He worked on back floating and the beginning of back and crawl stroke. He even stuck his face in the water and jumped in from the side by the end.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't believe Ev is already jumping off the diving board! And I love Kyle's face, I can just picture him not speaking to anyone