Ever since my car accident in December Molly was getting walked less and less since I couldn't do it alone. We couldn't leave her in the yard because of the interest in her from our neighboring dogs. Out of boredom she started chewing on furniture and we decided it was time for her to find a house where she could get the exercise and attention she wanted and not get in trouble.
We posted a couple of pictures online, and in 24 hours she was off to a great new home.
The kids got in a few last tricks before she left.
We took a family photo with her.
Then sent her off to her new house with this golden retriever named Brandy (I think they renamed Molly to Mandy too). Their dog was 90 lbs, Molly wasn't quite 50. She looked tiny next to her. It was hard to see her go. She didn't want to get in their trunk so I had to lift her in, and Grace was yelling "Mom, get Molly" "They are taking her." "Where is Molly going?" (only imagine the Molly as Mahyee). There were tears, but I think it was for the best.
1 comment:
Good decision! Dogs are fun to visit but I will never own one. ;) The hamster was a fabulous substitute!
Post a Comment