After a week of celebrating Kyle is finally officially 5. He started his celebrations with a trip to Toys R' Us and Red Robin with Grandma and Grandpa on Friday. According to him it was awesome. He got a huge Lego set that we all got to help put together the next morning.
Sunday we had his family party. He wanted an Angry Birds party, but we couldn't find Angry Birds wrapping paper, so if you look close you can see that Brandon drew one on all of his gifts.
We had 3 very excited children for present opening. He got lots of Angry Birds stuff and Legos which is just what he wanted.
Such a cute boy. I hate how old he looks though. I'm not ready to send another kid off to Kindergarten.
Angry Birds cake courtesy of Daddy.
Then Angry Birds cupcakes for preschool. Lucky he has a Dad who can decorate cakes.
Preschool party on his birthday. They played games, colored, and had root beer and cupcakes.
Showing off his new outfit which apparently makes him super fast. He has worn it 3 days and slept in it 2 since Sunday. Today it is in the wash.
It is amazing how much he has grown up in the past year. He has definitely come out of his shell which has been so fun to watch. It makes me less nervous to send him off to school. He has done preschool, soccer, and swimming this year, and he loved soccer enough that he asked to sign up again for summer. A year ago you couldn't get him on the field without holding somebodies hand and this year he ran right out there and scored 3 goals. He is starting to read a little which is very exciting too. I can't wait to see what the next year brings for him, I just wish the time would slow down and I could keep my little boy a bit longer.
1 comment:
I see you everywhere these days..
Those cakes and cupcakes are awesome!
Post a Comment