Monday, July 23, 2012

Long Overdue Update

Instead of attempting to do a lot of posts, I'm just updating the last few months all in one.
The beginning of May Brandon and the kids got in a car accident.  Same car I wrecked in December, but the front end this time.  Thankfully they were all fine, but it made for quite a seen as my parents and I all rushed out of a fireside after seeing Brandon's text.
After 3 weeks or so we finally got the car back, and as Grace has said numerous times, it is "nice and shiny." We have now replaced the front and back ends and it is looking good.
 The boys both played spring soccer, and Grace became a decent spectator.  
 Kyle liked it enough that he played the summer season too.  He has come a long way since last year and apparently has decided to be a defender.  He stopped many a goal and could care less if he ever scores one.
  
 We bought a zoo pass and have managed to use it twice so far.  I see many more trips in our future.
  
 We visited Grandma Jean and took the traditional pictures in the tree.

 Lots of time with grandparents.
 We had a little preschool graduation welcome to summer party with some friends.
 We caught 2 squirrels that were destroying our tree and garden and released them a few miles away.
 Both boys did swimming lessons the first 2 weeks of summer.
  
 Katie and Baby Paige were here for 6 weeks and we spent a lot of time playing with them. 
 We visited where I grew up and the boys got to fish the same place I used to.  
 My dad even snagged a few starfish for them to touch.
 Last night we went to a fireworks show and took a few pictures at the capital building.



Now if I can just stay caught up and not have to do one of these very long posts again soon.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yay for catching up on blogging! (I really need to get on that) Love the pics of the kids in grandma's tree. Oh and I have some cute pics of your kids I need to send you

RR said...

so sad about the car!
We've been sharing a car for 3 weeks I kinda hate it!

Today we should get it out of the shop..maybe blue is an unlucky color..ha ours is blue too.

Anne Bennion said...

Looks like a fun summer, minus the car part.