Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mt Rainier

My brother and his family are adventurous and get out and do things far more often than we do (we need to work on it).  A few weekends ago they told us they were heading to Mt Rainier to go hiking and we decided to join them.
 I am pretty sure I said I didn't want to do the 5 mile hike, but apparently Bryce wasn't listening.  We started out me still thinking we were doing a short hike - but it just kept going.
 The kids did really well.  Kyle and Evan just kept going the whole time without complaining and Kyle seemed to still be running at the end.  Grace did great til the last .75 miles, but after we gave her the camera she was entertained and kept going.

 We got to see some marmots....nothing like what I remembered marmots being.  I remembered them small, cute and friendly.  These were big, hissed at you, and kind of looked like a beaver with hair everywhere.
 Dad of course got close to take a picture.

 We did some crazy switchbacks to get to the top, but it was gorgeous.  I would have turned back had it just been us, so its lucky Bryce and Camille were there to keep us going.  
 Snow at the top was a highlight for the kids.  



 Snack break.  We stopped a few times for just a couple of minutes to let everyone get back together, snack, and have some water.  

 Once Grace got the camera she was slower, but loved taking pictures of everything.  Here are a few of her 100 or so shots.




 She thought selfies were very fun.

At the end we all got drinks.  This must have been her in line with Graham. Thanks for a fun, beautiful outing Warnings.

1 comment:

jwarning said...

It was a fun exhausting day. Glad we got some great pics of the marmots.