Saturday, March 12, 2016

Christmas Eve

 This year Christmas Eve was extra fun because all of my siblings families were in town too.  We spent the entire day together and had a blast.  Camille brought ornaments for the kids to paint.



 The kids all loved it and took their painting jobs pretty seriously.


 We got the kids lined up oldest to youngest for fun. 

 Then the much anticipated cousin gift exchange.



 The cousins were all very thoughtful in what the picked out for each other and very appreciative of the gifts they recieved which is always nice.  
 Then we reenacted the nativity.  It is a favorite tradition for me.  I love listening to my dad read it while the kids/adults run around attempting to recreate what we can. 
 Grace took her role as an angel very seriously and picked out this all white outfit to bring over for it.

 Then our program.  All three of our kids played a number this year.  Grace and Kyle played the piano (although somehow I'm missing a picture of Kyle).
 Evan did his first violin number.  He was nervous but he did great.
 Several of the other grandkids sang songs and it was very sweet to watch them all.  They are going to be a talented bunch.
 Then our family sing-along.  I don't know what I am so deep in thought about on the piano.
Last up we decorated sugar cookies to leave out for Santa, and of course a few for ourselves.  I love when we have family to spend Christmas Eve with.

No comments: