Thursday, February 5, 2009

Poor Sick Baby

I went to Utah for a week to see my siblings, go wedding dress shopping with Katie, and see Bryce and Camille's new baby, Graham. It was a fun trip but I got sick with a cold the day we arrived. Just as I was starting to get better I got home, and baby Kyle was sick (I guess I have to quit calling him baby soon). It has been so sad to see him so wiped out. These are what we've seen the past two days.
He fell asleep on the floor in the hall at one point, but I was trying to sleep and didn't get a picture. He had a fever of 103 yesterday, but we are now down to 101 and on antibiotics. I took him to the doctor this morning and he either has tonsilitis or strep throat, but because he won't cooperate he couldn't do the throat culture.
He has perked up a little with the meds and is at least eating and drinking a little again. It was scary when my big fat baby wouldn't eat or drink anything. Hopefully we are on the mend. Also, he outgrew all his clothes, and shoes, while I was in Utah. He is a big boy!

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Poor baby! (And yes, you can call him baby until #3 is born.) I hate when they're sick. I'm glad he's starting to get some fluids in him, that should help.

Camille said...

Poor thing! Graham actually developed a cold too and is all stuffed up. I can't even keep my baby healthy for 2.5 weeks!!! Hopefully he'll get over it soon! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Gavin just got over a bad bug. He was running about 103. Doesn't it make you so sad when they are sick? Gavin makes me hold him so I can't get anything done when he is sick. Hang in there. Poor Kyle.

Anne Bennion said...

So sad! Geoff's had a high fever for the last 2 days also. Hopefully Kyle will be better quick!