Thursday, July 2, 2009

Guess What We Caught....

No, not a contagious disease. We caught a bullfrog!!! We've known we have bullfrogs in the pond behind our house, and we've tried to catch them before, but this year we enlisted the help of my dad. He came over twice with a net on a 6 foot pole, but no luck. Today he brought over a fishing pole and some flies.Here they are trying to spot one. He actually had a really big one on for a minute but it was too big and got away. Then he managed this one.
It calmed down after jumping around a bit so the boys were brave and held it.
So excited!
Careful not to squeeze too tight.
Thanks for the entertainment Mr. Frog. I hope you are enjoying the peace of the pond again now. (Jamie this picture is for you so you can see just how big they are....and this is a little one)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh man, those are crazy big too! I would be way too squeamish too hold one, but I guess I could let the kids. Our last house had tons of little tree frogs everywhere and Bryce and Brody used to 'hunt' them.

We took swimming through the Valley, Bryce is a member and 'sponsered' us so it was $50 for a two week session.