Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pumpkin Craziness

 We managed to find a nice, but cold day to head to the pumpkin patch.  It was very windy so we didn't hang around long, but we found three great pumpkins.

 Then two days before Halloween we finally started carving.  We carved 3 one day while Brandon was working, and 3 more the next day since we had inherited 3 extras over the last 2 weeks.  Thank goodness the kids aer good helpers now.


 Evan carved this sugar skull pumpkin all by himself.  Took him about an hour, but he was very patient and did great.
 Grace carved the left eye and part of the mouth on this one, and then Kyle helped her some til their hands got sore.  It's supposed to be the cheshire cat.
 Then Kyle's owl.  He carved the top then it got tricky because the lines were so close together and I took over.
 Brandon's creepy selection for the year.
 Evan carved this one to look like the pringles guy.  He was a bit disappointed it looks like a mouth not a mustache, but still cute.
 Random Frankenstein the kids picked out.  I carved it while they were watching a Halloween special, and when they realized I carved it alone they were very disappointed.  I'm glad they are taking over some of the carving duties now.



Pretty good looking bunch this year.  Brandon said lots of trick-or-treaters commented on our pumpkin assortment which is always fun.  Its over the top but since we all enjoy it we keep the craziness going.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Those are some awesome pumpkins. I think we need to take some carving lessons from you guys ;)