Sunday, September 20, 2015

Evan is 11!

 To finish out our year of the friend party, we had a bowling party for Evan.  He got to invite 5 friends - only because that was how many fit in my car.
 We had to do some last minute change of plans after the bowling alley we were supposed to go to informed me I probably wouldn't get a lane, but it all worked out.





  They all seemed to have fun bowling, despite the fact that none of them were fantastic bowlers.  We used bumpers, and for one frame every kid had to use the ramp to keep things interesting.
 After bowling we came back to our place for gifts, cake, and ice cream.  Probably the easiest party we did this year and I think Evan had a blast.
 
 Brandon drew on the table cloth to make it looking like a bowling lane, and I frosted the cupcakes like little bowling balls.


 Then a few days later we had Evan's family party.  This time Brandon had to do a cake with two pins to look like an 11.  

 He is getting old and now thinks clothes are a great gift.
 He requested the hat too.


I am still a little in shock at how old he is.  He only has one year of elementary school left, and is now old enough to babysit his siblings.  I'm not ready.  He is growing into a pretty great young man though.  He loves playing with his friends still, being goofy, reading anything he can get his hands on about greek mythology, playing soccer, and being with family.  Primary (at church) does a little survey for their birthdays and he said the thing he was most proud of about himself was his family.  I'm sure the day is coming where he will quit liking us so much for a while, but for now we are still his favorite and I love it.  Happy 11th Birthday Evan!

No comments: