Evan's tonsils are out!! Apparently when they got in there they discovered that his adenoids were just as huge as his tonsils, so it is a good thing we got them all out. We are already noticing that he sounds a little different, and he isn't snoring anymore. never has a child been as excited as he was I think. He woke up this morning, asked if it was Monday so he could get out his tonsils, and when we said yes he started dancing and celebrating. The excitement has worn off now. Here are a few pics of the big day.
Here he is watching Sesame Street waiting for his turn. They go in age order, so in the morning they are all set up for little kids which was nice. The doctor was running behind, so our 8 o'clock surgery didn't start til 9, and the cartoons kept him entertained.
Taking his blood pressure with his new dinosaur from Grandma and Katie. Dino got to go into surgery too and get his tonsils out. Definitely a hit.
5 comments:
I'm sure you're glad that's over. I bet it was scary for you watching your little guy go in for surgery. I love how excited he was! That was so cute.
Oh, poor Evan. It's great he was so excited for his adventure. Gavin is gonna have to get his out soon, but I doubt he will be as excited. Get well soon.
We are glad it is over and that he is recovering well. The little red wagon is so cute--what a great doctor!
I'm glad that it all went well. Did he get sick at all from the anesthetia (sp?)? Kevin has to have oral surgery in November and I've heard that some kids get sick from the anesthetia....let me know!
What a big boy! I'm glad all is well. If only we had the perpective of little kids and could get excited about things like that. Does he have big birthday plans?
Post a Comment