Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Those Things Are Huge


I know it's a little gross, but if you look into the back of Evan's throat you will see two very large tonsils. We went to see an ear nose and throat doctor yesterday, and after looking at all the options (and there were a few ) the tonsils are coming out. Hopefully this will fix the sleep apnea, snoring, minor hearing issues, talking like there are marbles in his mouth, etc. The doctor seemed to think it would take care of all of it, so we are excited about that. The big day is Monday, so we are hoping it all runs smoothly and he recovers quick.

5 comments:

Sassyfrass said...

Hmmm...you've got me wondering about Iain now. When did you figure out that was the problem? The kid can't enunciate to save his life and I swear I hear "What did you say mom?" at least 100 times a day. Guess I could just look in his mouth huh? Good luck to Evan! Hope it goes well!

mel said...

Those are some impressive tonsils! I hope all goes well with the surgery. He'll love all the popsicles he'll get to eat for weeks after!

Brianne said...

Poor guy! I really hope that the surgery fixes all of his problems (well, the ones related to tonsils anyway ;-)). Make sure you stock up on ice cream!

Anne Bennion said...

Good luck Evan! I hope everything goes well and the recovery is quick. Stock up on the popsicles!

Jamie Gibeau said...

After my week with strep throat I am so, so feeling for Ev! Let us know if you need anything! We are thinking about ya and Cam will be waiting to eat popsicles with him!!