Occasionally Evan swallows his gum. Usually he spits it out, so I figured a piece of gum consumed now and then was no big deal. That was until today. He climbed up and got himself a fresh pack of gum while we were at my parents today. I thought nothing of it as he took a piece for himself and shared with me. He was so excited about his pack of gum that he was carrying it around the house. As we prepared to leave we noticed gum wrappers everywhere and after some questioning discovered that he had swallowed 7 or 8 pieces of gum. I'm sure his stomach is really happy right now. We called the doctor (as we contemplated his obstructed bowel and what they might need to do to fix that) and for now it is lots of fluids and check back if he seems constipated. We have had a very long talk about not swallowing gum. Here's to hoping it all comes out okay....literally.Monday, November 10, 2008
It's Always Something New
Occasionally Evan swallows his gum. Usually he spits it out, so I figured a piece of gum consumed now and then was no big deal. That was until today. He climbed up and got himself a fresh pack of gum while we were at my parents today. I thought nothing of it as he took a piece for himself and shared with me. He was so excited about his pack of gum that he was carrying it around the house. As we prepared to leave we noticed gum wrappers everywhere and after some questioning discovered that he had swallowed 7 or 8 pieces of gum. I'm sure his stomach is really happy right now. We called the doctor (as we contemplated his obstructed bowel and what they might need to do to fix that) and for now it is lots of fluids and check back if he seems constipated. We have had a very long talk about not swallowing gum. Here's to hoping it all comes out okay....literally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Knowing how awful it is to have a constipated kid, I as well hope it all comes out ok, for your sake as well as his! It's a toss up between swallowing the gum or just spitting it on the floor like my sister Michelle's kids do. They have to keep a putty knife handy for scraping it up. Now I understand why my parents didn't allow us to chew gum!
Uhhhh... yum? I hope it all comes out alright.
And I thought we were having fun over here...oh, I hope that "ends" up well! Took Cam to Dr. today as she had a weird rash on her face, chest and thighs - looks like it was roseola (didn't think they could get it at this age and swore she already had it...) OH so much fun....gotta love 'em! C has his "surgery" on Friday so if it's nice we may need to get out of his way this weekend....hope to see you!
Post a Comment