Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Last week we took advantage of one of the nice days and headed out to the pumpkin patch. We were scheduled to go with Evan's preschool later in the week, but decided a family trip would be fun too. There were lots of pumpkins to choose from which had the boys thoroughly confused. They both wanted to find a clean one, but to no avail.
Eventually they found a few that weren't too dirty and decided we could take them home.
We took the pumpkins to the car then decided to pose for a few pictures and finally.....
We took all 3 kids through the 6 acre corn maze. We were told it could take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half, and they said if we got lost we could call them on a cell phone and they would rescue us. With that vote of confidence and a map we headed out (mostly because I have always wanted to do a corn maze).
Lucky for them I was amazing with the map and lucky for us the kids were troopers. Grace didn't cry, Kyle didn't demand to be carried til he fell 6 or 7 times (which took a while), and Evan walked the whole way. It took us about 45 minutes and I loved it.
One last stop for an attempt at a group photo and we were on our way home. Getting pictures of all 3 kids looking decent is tough, but we did all right.

4 comments:

Brianne said...

I love that the boys wanted clean pumpkins :-).

Kelly said...

I LOVE it! The kids are adorable.

Camille said...

Looks like so much fun and it wasn't raining...SCORE! Can't wait to see what you guys carve this year. We haven't got to ours yet...so busy this week, so they will have to wait until tomorrow!

Jamie Gibeau said...

Love it!! How did your pumpkin carving go??