Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Steppin' On the Beach

If you are a Spongebob fan, then you probably know the song the title post comes from. Anyway, we had some really nice weather last week, and since we are trying to stay out of the house, we decided to go to the beach. The kids knew we were going to the beach, so when we got there they asked if we remembered their swimsuits. Apparently we don't go to the beach around here often enough. I love Kyle keeping his superheros a safe distance from the crab. He got braver and held it after he checked it out.
After seeing Kyle's bravery Evan decided to give it a try. We got to have a lesson on telling boy and girl crabs apart, barnacles, clams, oysters, and mussels. It reminded me of when I was little and my dad taught me all of this stuff.

After the beach we hiked back up and had a picnic. I think this is the first time we have used our actual picnic basket and the boys were so excited. They packed food in there as though we were going to be gone for days and I don't think eating pbj has ever been more fun.
After lunch, a little swinging.
Evan finally mastered pumping his legs for a prolonged period of time.
Grace's first time on the swings. She seemed to really enjoy it and sat in there forever. All in all a very fun day that we need to do again soon.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Today was perfect for a day at the beach. I guess I need that lesson on telling boy and girl crabs apart. I missed that one growing up.

Jennifer said...

What a fun day. In that last picture of Grace, it is SO obvious she is your child! Very cute!