Thursday, July 22, 2010

House Update 5

The house is nearing completion and we've had some exciting things get done in the past week or two. Just 19 days til we should be moving in...not that we are counting or anything.First up, the counters. The poor tile guy was there at least 2 days cutting all of those tiles, but we love it.
We got our hardwood floors installed. They are all covered up with plastic and cardboard so this little section will have to do for now.
The tile around the fireplace is done, and the millwork/doors got painted white (they repaint it after it is installed to cover any dings).
Even more exciting, yesterday they delivered our appliances. This was a total surprise when we walked in and we were very excited.
Kyle was even pumped about the dishwasher.
Our bathroom sinks are not quite all the way in because the hole was cut too small.
Toilets!!! I love that Evan thought he should pretend to be sitting on it.
Then he decided to show us how to use the shower (the faucet and shower head were new yesterday).
Last up he demonstrated the sink. The kids bathroom counters turned out great too!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wahoo!!!

Looks spectacular, I'm a little jealous of the tile in your kitchen...it's beautiful!

Allisha said...

How exciting!! The house is looking GREAT!!! I'd be counting down the days too if I were you :)

Laura said...

Is it weird that I am super excited everytime you post an update?!
Everything looks wonderful ... I am especially jealous of those gorgeous hardwood floors!!

Kelly said...

The house is beautiful and wonderful and I am totally excited for you guys! Of course you MUST count down the days, besides having a baby, this is like the most exciting thing!

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Mandy Madill said...

wow, good picks! The floor, the tile, the colors are all awesome!! I can't wait to see it all done!

Becca said...

Love it love it! I saw the mirror house next to your is up for grabs...maybe we should take it and REALLY be neighbors!