Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kindergarten

Afternoon kindergarten is going to be a killer. Evan was ready to go bright and early and then the waiting started. I let them watch a movie to try to pass the time (we may be watching a lot of movies while we adjust to this). I love that they both have the same pose.
So excited to finally use his backpack!
His first day outfit. He picked this out weeks ago. I can't wait to see what he picks tomorrow.
Lined up outside waiting for his teacher. They all looked excited, but a little nervous about what was going on. Once she came out though, he didn't even give me a wave, just walked in to class like a big kid.
Poor Kyle's reaction to dropping off his buddy. He started crying as we left the school and it took him a while to stop. I think he asked me 100 times if it was time to go get Evan, and he was only gone 2.5 hours. I'm sure it will get easier, but today I felt really bad for him.

4 comments:

Jill said...

poor kyle...that would be so hard to have your buddy gone for 2.5 whole hours!! I would definately be relying on "treat" bribes with that :)

glad he had a great day!!

Katie said...

Cute! Evan looks like such a big kid. Tell Kyle he can skype with me again today if he's bored :)

Kelly said...

Oh, it's so hard to watch the older brother go to school! We did that last year. We also did PM K and I just got really good at going really slowly in the morning-lazying around. Whatever works-love the movies.

Evan looks so cute for his first day, I can't believe he picked that out himself-good job!

Allisha said...

That picture of Kyle is so sad, it almost made me cry!! I'm sure he'll adjust soon. How exciting for Evan to be in Kindergarten now though!! Does it seem weird when he's in school to only have 2 kids to keep track of?