Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day

 Yesterday we had a very excited 1st grader.
 Up at 6:30 and ready to go at least 30 minutes early.
 He wanted a picture with his dog.  He had an awesome first day.
 He was so tired when he got home.  I asked if he wanted to do the slip-n-slide today and he informed me he would be far too tired after a day at school.  All day is rough on the guy.
 His teacher seems awesome and he is making some new friends already.  Sadly, today he didn't finish his lunch, he was tired, and somebody didn't play with him at recess so he came home in tears.  Hopefully we have the kinks worked out and things go better tomorrow.
I can't believe he is in first grade already.  We miss him around here during the day.  It is very different, but Kyle and Grace are adjusting and I think it is going to be a fun year.

3 comments:

Katie said...

He looks very excited!

Odd Family said...

Yay for 1st grade! I hope today goes better for him.:) Glad I found your blog. I will be regularly stocking you now.

house of walls said...

that meanie ainsley was behind all of it. don't worry. i had a talk with her.