Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kyle Turns 6!

I'm a little late on this one, but Kyle turned 6 two weeks ago.
 I saw an idea on pinterest where you put streamers over their door in the night and they have to break out in the morning.  I figured it would probably scare him since he wakes up in the middle of the night a lot, so we did it while he was at school.  It confused the poor kid and he crawled into his room which was hilarious.  He busted out after that.
 Surprise birthday balloons.
 His request for his actual birthday was to have friends over for a lunch date.  They were supposed to bring their own lunch and we were supposed to provide cupcakes.  Here is his little lunch crew.  Somehow I forgot to take a picture while they were eating.
 We did more decorating then we normally do, and it was kind of fun.  Here is the table - the papers in the middle are little drawn legos.
 Silverware holders.  We also made a bunch of things to hang from the lights, and the banner you can see in his friend picture.
 All of the boys mini figures lined up on the mantle.
 Brandon rocked the birthday cake yet again.  The cupcakes for his friends were little Lego faces, but somehow we missed a picture of those.

 The family party
We made everybody play Lego Mini Figure Bingo and it was pretty fun.  The boys helped the grandparents and great grandparents find the right figures.  Evan was helping Grammie, Gramps, and Katie.
 Grandma Jean
 Grandma and Grandpa
 Aunt Katie and Uncle Ben

 Our big 6 year old!  I hate how they start to look like big kids at this age.  I'm noticing daily how much less of a little boy he looks like and it makes me sad.  Excited for the new phase, just sad at how fast they grow up.
We are so glad we get to have Kyle in our family.  He is very silly, loves a good snuggle in the morning (I'm excited for summer and more snuggles), still gets a bit anxious about things but has done so well with school this year.  He loves math perhaps more than Evan does, is getting better and better at reading, and had a great spring soccer season.  We're very excited to see what the next year brings for our sweet boy.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow - is that the same little boy who used to fall asleep on me in Sunbeams? ;) Happy Birthday Kyle!

RR said...

you have a very cute family!

The cake is so adorable!

Laura said...

Brandon did an awesome job on that cake!
I just showed Josh one of the pictures of Kyle and said "remember the baby at our wedding? That's him!" - he couldn't believe it. How did time fly that quickly?!