This should be the last of Maui. I want it all documented for our family blog book, so my apologies for the overload of pictures, etc.
Happy New Years! I love my expression in this one. I look so thrilled - and this was at 9 or so when we celebrated with the kids.
Grace apparently thought the celebrating was a little loud.
The kids loved toasting sprakling cider in their fancy glasses.
We put the kids in bed with a movie after "New Years" while we played games. Shockingly most of them made it til about 11 awake. I think Graham was the only one to make it to midnight though.
Mom and Dad made it too - I haven't seen that in years :)
Our fancy glasses at real New Years.
To help keep ourselves awake we played games. We started with a horrible Jelly Belly game Mom and Dad brought. You spun to get a color, and then picked a jelly bean of that color. You didn't know if you were gettting banana or moldy cheese, baby wipe or pina colada (baby wipe wasn't bad), centipede or strawberry, etc.
We kept a bucket close because most couldn't swallow the nasty ones.
Ben trying to get the after taste out of his mouth - maybe moldy cheese or rotten egg this time.
Seriously so gross, I don't know why we agreed to it. And we kept playing til we all tried all of the colors. Fools, all of us.
Bryce and Camille bought sparklers for the kids too - these are out of order. Kyle loved them, Grace was terrified which I did not see coming.
They also bought some fireworks, which turned out to be things that just made really loud noises. Dad and Bryce of course had to light those off too.
On a different day we went surfing. Kyle took some coaxing, and there were tears, but eventually he treid it and liked it.
Grace gave it a try too. Evan was out to far and I didn't get any good pictures. He went out with the big kids and did some real surfing. Brandon and I got up on some waves too. They are tiny waves, but its still fun and you feel like you've accomplished something when you get up.
Probably one of my favorite things to do is snorkel. I only went out twice this time, but it was great. Evan went out a few times, and Brandon. Grace tried out the board with the cut out and saw a few fish. Not sure Kyle braved it this year though.
Dad's underwater camera takes some great pictures.
Evan and Brandon
Mom got matching outfits for the kids for Christmas so we attempted some photos. The girls were a little tricky to get to sit still
The boys were feeling more cooperative.
Thanks for a great trip Mom and Dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment