Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Finn's Birthday

November 4th  I had my tonsils removed.  Not the most pleasant experience of my life, but not as bad as I was told it would be.  It took about ten days to get better, and then another week or so to be back to full energy.  I lost 10 pounds, which apparently isn't too bad for an adult tonsillectomy, so hooray for me I guess.  Thankfully Brandon was able to work from home the entire time, and take care of me without taking time off.  The kids were troopers and helped out a lot too.  Anyway, during that time Finn turned 1.  The kids had been very excited about his birthday so before surgery I got him a hat and the kids picked out new toys for him.  
 This poor dog puts up with our antics pretty well.  He didn't love the hat but he cooperated.  

The kids love Finn, and the feeling seems mutual.  He has to find each of them every morning before he can go downstairs to go outside.  He lays in bed with them until we put him to bed.  He lays on their coats while they are at school anxiously awaiting their return, and if they play in the toy room (where he isn't allowed) he sits outside the door and waits for them to come out.  The year of puppyhood wasn't too bad and we are still very glad we got him.  Happy Birthday Finny!

No comments: