Sunday, August 23, 2015

Bahamas Waterpark

 Too sunny to keep his eyes open, but this is from the top of one of the slide towers looking out at the shark tank.
 These are from inside the shark tank.  You go down a tube slide then end up in this tube with sharks swimming all around you.  On one side there is a viewing area so people can see the sharks, and you in there.  I think it is my favorite slide.


 After a lot of coaxing Grace finally got brave and tried a few slides.  Every slide they would measure her and decide she was just tall enough, until the last day when they were much more hardcore with their measuring and busted out a measuring tape and credit card.  At least we got in some fun slides before that.
 You can see a shark to the left of us in this one.
 Pretending to eat eachother.
 The shark tank exit.
 Lowsy picture, but this was the exit to the Abyss slide.  My boys loved it, I hated it. It was a steep totally enclosed dark slide.  My hands slipped and I ended up cleaning out my sinuses really well.  The cave you came out in was really cool though and had a fish tank on one side. 



 Checking out the fish after their slides down.

 I feel like my boys were on a different vacation than me.  They took off with Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Katie, and Brandon every day to go do slides until the collapsed.  I mostly hung out with Grace doing the "crazy river."  She did some tube slides now and again, but the lazy river was her favorite.


 This is the conveyer belt that takes you to a couple of the tube slides.  You float around in the lazy river, then take an exit that takes you to this belt, go down a tube slide, then get dumped back in the lazy river an do it again. 

  I am still shocked Kyle decided to do the speed slides. He and Evan raced to the top of this one three times in a row one day while we sat pool side snacking and watching.  We set ourselves up next to this slide every day because it is great entertainment. The boys did every slide except the really steep one on the other side of these.



 My sister tagged along which worked out perfect because it gave us even numbers for the tubes.  Everybody always had a buddy.

 
 Even these little slides scared Grace at first - I'm not sure she totally understood what a waterslide was when we went, or what it was we were planning on doing all week.  By the end she was loving them though.








 Misplaced pictures of dinner at the italian restaraunt, Carmines. So tasty.

 I think this was Brandon vs Katie.





Trying to recreate a cute picture we took here four years ago.  Not quite the same with my big kids on the baby toys.  It was such a fun trip.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

1 comment: