Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The 1st Annual Gingerbread House Competition

We started a new Warning Family tradition this year. We were in three teams, and I'm pretty sure our team won.It was pretty intense. Notice how detailed Brandon is trying to be.
Evan was a little less detailed, but he decorated that gingerbread man all by himself and was very proud (as were we). He got to stick all kinds of candy to the house which he loved, and he was sure to sample everything so that nothing yucky went on our house.

The Results
Team 1: Bryce and Camille
They attempted to make a duplex, but it turned it to a trashy little part of town. The two on the left are huddled around a coke can fire, the man on the roof is smoking, and on the right apparently he lost his keys and couldn't get in to use a toilet. I did think the man in the peppermint wheelchair was cute.
Team 2: Mom, Dad, and Katie
Of course Dad couldn't just make it on the board it came on, he had to cover some cardboard in foil so as to not hamper their creativity. This is the back of their house. The front door was swung open to make it look more inviting. Their house turned out okay, but not quite as good as....
Team 3: Brandon, Becca, and Evan (Kyle was sleeping)
Evan decorated the snowman, gingerbread man, and tree out front. Brandon came up with the frosting icicles which were a nice touch. I got to pave the front entryway. A true team effort. Evan also decorated the roof, which you can't see in this picture as well, but he gave it firetruck sirens across the top. I think we win, and since nobody else is here to vote, it is official.

1 comment:

Kristine and Philip said...

I totally agree with you Becca, the one that you, Brandon and Evan made wins 1st place. Your parents and Katie tried their best, but I'm not sure that Bryce and Camille's is even in the running....what were they thinking...definitely outside the box--way outside the box! Great fun!