Thursday, September 4, 2008

Buckle up...For safety

A quick update on a few happenings around here. Monday we ventured out to Ikea. My mom decided to join us, and by the time we got home I think she'd decided never to shop with us again. We weren't thinking and didn't strap Kyle into the stroller. He sat quietly in his seat and looked at things until we hit the kids department. One second he was sitting, the next he had managed to stand up and abandon ship. There is no scarier sound than hearing your babies head hit the cement floor with a very loud thud. He wasn't bleeding, but instantly he was very tired and looked glazed over. Brandon carried him as we continued on, and then he puked...all over himself, Brandon, and the floor. We finally managed to get out of the store, throw out Kyle's clothes, and get moving. The on-call doctor said it was a concussion, and to keep an eye on him (luckily he was acting normal in an hour or so). We stopped by the mall on the way home to buy Brandon a new shirt and throw his out because the smell was making us all sick, but we survived. Luckily Kyle recovered quickly and by that night nobody would have guessed that we had been neglectful parents earlier in the day.

Now the Evan update. He is doing great. He ran a fever for a few days, so to get him to drink more we bought him Batman tattoos. One tattoo for every big drink until he was wearing all 10. He thought they were awesome and was mad when we made him scrub them off for church on Sunday. We compromised and he got to keep the leg ones on a few more days because he was wearing long pants to church.

We moved his bed into our room last week while he was recovering. You'd think he'd want to sleep in it, but apparently the pile of pillows next to the bed were much too tempting. It was so easy having in our room now, because he sleeps quietly. No snoring, no sleep apnea, no tossing around. The only downfall to this great sleep is that he doesn't need as much, so I'm having to wake up earlier.

In other news, a few funny comments from my boy.

Getting ready this morning "Mom I need to get dressed so I can go to school. I need to learn something." I wish I knew what the something was. We did cover that it isn't nice to hit people, and he is not the boss of Kyle. I hope that was the something he wanted to learn.

Tonight as Kyle was hitting the wall and ready for bed "Kyle, what is your deal tonight." I guess I've said that one to many times.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Scary! I'm glad to hear that Kyle is okay. I'm also glad to see that it looks like Evan is doing great after his surgery. And what fun parents you are... batman tattoos?? Nice! You should have called me on Monday, I seriously live 15 minutes from Ikea!

Batman Forever said...

Poor Kyle. Sounds like an Ikea trip to remember.

Joy said...

Hey Becca! I have been reading your blog for a while, hope you don't mind. Don't worry about the cart thing. My kids have done that before too, minus their heads hitting the ground. Did you know I too have a blog? zacandjoy.blogspot.com