Saturday, September 20, 2008

Last Week of Summer

Here's what we've been up to this past week.

Kyle tried chasing the remote control cars and was pretty close when he bit it in the driveway. I got out the camera to document and he looked up and said "cheese." Maybe not that amazing to you, but he'd never said it before, and prior to this past week hadn't really said much but "ma-ma." He has started saying a lot more words this week, including ball, balloon, bye-bye, bear, shoe, sock, and banana. None of them are super consistent as to when he will say them yet, but we're excited for a few words.
Last Saturday we decided to go and do the walk at Tumwater Falls. Evan loved the waterfalls, but walking on the grates above the falls proved to be too noisy.
Sunday we walked Capitol Lake with my parents. You'd think I would have taken a picture of some of the pretty stuff we saw, but no, I waited til we were back in the parking lot.Wednesday we met Grandpa Stucki and Rachel for a trip to the zoo. Rachel and Evan ran most of the zoo and loved spotting all of the animals. It is fun to see the two of them becoming better friends as they are getting bigger.



Being eaten by the shark. Even Kyle figured out you were supposed to yell.
The touch tanks. They were very brave and touched just about everything I think.
Just a cute picture of Kyle and Papa getting ready to see the sharks.The only time the 4 year olds weren't running. This was near the end and their little legs were getting tired. They took a quick rest and then managed to run through the rest of the zoo. All in all a very fun week. I'm glad we enjoyed the great outdoors, because it looks like the rainy season may be settling in.

2 comments:

Anne Bennion said...

Looks like fun! We've been trying to cram in as much outdoor fun as we possibly can also. Stocking up for the rainy season!

Kelly said...

I love all of the outings and pictures-you guys are go-ers! How fun for your kids. I also especially enjoyed the shark mouth picture from the zoo-we have a lot of pics of our family in that mouth too!