Sunday, March 8, 2009

New Shelves

We are in the process of moving the two boys into the same room in preparation for our new arrival. To accommodate the ever expanding collection of toys and children's books, we got a new shelving unit. We were inspired with the idea when we saw them at Doug's house (thanks Doug) and then again (in a different color) at Andrea's. We had been debating building them versus buying them. Building them turned out to be potentially more expensive, so we went to IKEA yesterday and threw it together. We love them.

5 comments:

Brianne said...

Once again... next time you go to Ikea, TELL ME. I'm seriously less than 15 minutes from there. Your shelves look great.

FYI: Your post font is white (?), I couldn't read the text on your blog, just on my reader. I had to search around with my mouse to find the comment link :-).

Laura said...

I love those shelves - you cant beat them for the price! We have them in black.

(The white font works fine for me because the background is dark - maybe it wasnt showing up dark for Brianne?)

Sarah Q said...

I love those! We'll have to find an IKEA around here...then we'll have to buy Sophie more toys just to fill up the shelves!

Armstrong Family said...

Alrighty, I'm looking on IKEA.com for details on these shelves and can't find what them. We have an IKEA here and I would LOVE to get these but want to find them on-line first. Do you know where to look? Send me a note on FB if you know. Thanks! They look great, just what I was looking for to put in the chillins rooms.

Armstrong Family said...

Found the shelves on IKEA so never mind. I can't believe how affordable they are!