Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hooray for baby girls!

We would like to introduce the newest edition to our growing family. This is Grace! She was born yesterday weighing in at 8lbs 7oz. and 21.5" long (that's 8 days before the due date). Aside from an epidural that wasn't working, the delivery went relatively smoothly. Although Becca bore it well, in retrospect she doesn't know why anyone does it without an epidural. Gratefully, she was our lightest baby.Yes, she is a cutie patootie. She looks like a girly Evan with hair like Kyles.I must say, Becca looks amazing (and hot).Grace has a lot of dark hair on her head. Becca and I were both alarmed at the prospect of having to do girls hair.It took Kyle a little while to warm up to baby Grace. Previously, when asked if baby Grace could come live at our house, the response was always, "NO!" After sitting on my lap for a bit and wathcing Evan hold her, he decided he would have a go. I think he fell in love with her at that point. He was very sweet. When we asked if we could take her home with us, this time, he said, "Yeah!"Evan held her for quite a while. He's a great big brother and we're sure he'll adore his little sister. He was bummed we had to stay the night with her and that she couldn't go home right away.
She seems like she'll be a good baby. But she can wail with the best of them if she is uncomfortable. Becca and the baby are doing well. Thanks for all the warm wishes and visitors in the hospital. We are a little tired, but there is sure to be more pictures to come.

21 comments:

Sassyfrass said...

Congratulations! Momma and baby both look wonderful (and she DOES look like Evan, that's the first thing I thought).

Katie said...

All i have to say is that i agree, becca looks hot :)Pushed a baby out and still looking fabulous. Grace is adorable, I didn't think I would be so sad not to be there!

Camille said...

She looks so adorable!!! So sweet...look at all that hair! Can't wait to meet her next week.

Sarah Q said...

Congratulations! Baby girls are awesome! She is adorable, and I love the name!

Donna Shoop said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, she looks like she belongs to your family! How fun to have a girl!

Kathy Habel said...

congrats!

Allisha said...

Congratulations!!! What a cutie...she looks just like Becca. Hooray for a girl now Skyler finally has a girlfriend!!! :)

Batman Forever said...

Put a bow on Evan's head and call him Grace. So cute. Congrats you guys. Sorry about the epidural Becca, I've been there. It sucks.
I can't wait to come and see her.

calvin & hobbs said...

congrats!!! she's sooo cute, and i LOVE her name!!! i love that your hubby blogs for you (he does a fine job too!) becca you look GREAT, and i can't wait to meet your little cutie pie!!!

Andreas V said...

I thought she looked like Kyle the from the first picture. But it doesn't matter. Both boys are gorgeous, so whoever she ends up looking like, she'll be a hottie. Congratulations!

Joy said...

SO amazing to see a Stucki girl! Congrats and don't worry too much about the hair thing. It comes with time.

Anne Bennion said...

She's absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!

Kelly said...

I thought of you guys all day Tuesday and wondered how it was going :) Looks like all went well! She does look amazingly like your boys, too cute. Becca looks awesome, there is no way I'd let anyone post a picture of how I looked after Kelsi's birth-scary.

You go Becca. Can't wait to visit.

Ann said...

Congratulations!! It will be fun to meet the baby girl while she is little in a couple weeks!

Ann said...

Congratulations!! It will be fun to meet the baby girl while she is little in a couple weeks!

Ali said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and looks like her mom. I love the look on Kyle's face watching her in that last picture. Brandon, my Kyle can give you some tips on doing her hair, he's got some creative ways and can do quite the updo.

Brianne said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. She looks a lot like your boys in that first picture (but a girl version of course :-)). It stinks when epidurals don't fully work and I completely agree that I don't understand why anyone would choose not to get one.

L and T said...

Congrats you guys! She is one lucky girl, I have a feeling she'll be spoiled.

Jennifer said...

So adorable! Becca does look great, especially after not having the epidural work! Congratulations on your cutie!

Baldwin Family said...

Congratulations! And you should definitely be afraid of doing her hair. My older girls both scream when I do theirs, even when I'm not really doing anything. It's just the hairdo time routine. Lovely. Grace is so cute!

Doug said...

Congratulations!! Just one more boy and two more girls and you are done!!