Sunday, May 23, 2010

House Update 2

I know everyone is dying for another house update, so here is what happened this week.
They built the archways. This is the one leading into what will one day be our piano room/living room. This wasn't the way it was in the original plans, but we had them change it and we love it.
We got our fireplace...and a lot of water. We went over one night in the rain thinking we'd be fine in the house, but with no shingles on the roof it was raining quite heavily inside (notice the soaking wet floor). Kyle has since informed me we should wait to move in until "it isn't wet in there anymore."
I just thought this was fun. All of our windows went in and they used lining on the windows that says Grace. How fun her name will be in every windowsill.
The plywood for the roof is on and the framing is done, even the porch. YEAH!
This one is out of order, but we managed to stop by Tuesday just as the trusses were being delivered. We were total stalkers and sat and watched them put them all on the roof and took pictures. The boys loved watching the huge crane and the one guy on the roof trying to lay the trusses down in the right spot.
Another picture from the day of rain. Kyle was not too excited, but this is our kitchen island.

This was yesterday, and luckily it is looking much dryer inside. This is upstairs and if you look in the back you can see the black pipes that are the plumbing for our laundry room. That's right people, we have plumbing. It isn't done yet, but I'm sure it will be in the near future.
This one is odd to me. They have the forms in for the front porch. Not sure why because the houses around us that are further along don't have porches yet, but whatever. Evan liked being trapped in the front porch....at least long enough for a picture.
So, that is what happened this week. I'm sure the progress will look slower now, but it is coming along pretty quickly so far.

3 comments:

Jill said...

How exciting! Your house looks like it will be amazing...I love the archways!

And I think Kyle is right, you SHOULD wait to move in until the rain drys :) Funny kiddo!

Allisha said...

I can't believe how quickly your new house is going up. It must be pretty exciting to see such good progress every day!!

Becca said...

We keep checking on it too when we are out on walks...it's crazy how fast the progress is!!