I'm sure you are all dying to know about our new house...okay so maybe you aren't, but we are going to tell you about it anyway. First off, this is our dirt, or at least it will be when we finally sign the papers. This was a couple of weeks ago when they first dug it out to put the foundation in. We were really excited when they did this.

Then they put in the forms (which we posed for pictures with, but I won't bore you with those), and our foundation was put in. We were pretty excited by this development. Doesn't it look lovely?

Next step, floor joists and sub flooring. Sorry, no pictures of the floor joists, but here is the sub flooring. If you zoom in you can tell we are there, posing with our lovely sub flooring. The neighbors probably think we are crazy. What can we say, we were excited.

That picture was last Saturday. Monday they started framing, and by Tuesday (or maybe Wednesday) we had steps. Our very own steps to the upstairs. The boys really wanted our new house to have steps. Mission accomplished on that one. We were so excited we took a picture of just the steps.

We didn't want the back of the house to feel left out, so here it is. We are standing in the sliding glass doorway, on the right is the dining room, left is the family room. The boys are watching some roof trusses going up on a house a few doors over.

Can you tell we visit every day? At least once a day we drive by, and the workers are always nice and wave when they see us coming. This was Thursday. We have an upstairs people! So exciting we had to get out of the car and look at it.

Then we went again today to take pictures of yesterday's progress. We even let the kids go upstairs and check out everything. This is them in the bonus/toy room. It is lacking some walls still so it looks really big.

The boys in their new room! Can you you tell they are pretty pumped? I love Kyle's expression.

Brandon and Grace posing in our room.

It is coming along quick which makes it so fun to go check on it every day. Lucky for us it is only 6 minutes from my parents' house, so we can go by as often as we like. Right now we are really excited (in case you couldn't tell from our use of the word 100 times in this post). It looks like we will get to move in sometime in August!
6 comments:
Actually I have been dying to hear about your new house so I was totally into these photos! I cant believe how quickly it is going up. If we were building a new house I'm sure we'd be there every day too - we're dorks like that (not that I'm calling you guys dorks!).
This totally cracks me up! First of all, we also have tons of pictures of both of our houses being built-stick by stick it seems :) Why not be excited? This is awesome for your family! Plus, just a few short years later it is so fun to look and see how little the kids were when we built this house, everything can change so fast I love that you have tons of pictures. Can't wait to see the finished product.
I'm so excited for you guys!! It looks like things are coming together nicely. I can't believe how fast it's getting built. If it were my house I'd be over there every day too :) Keep the pictures coming
That post didn't bore me at all! We love walking through houses as they are being built. Who is the builder? Is there a website that shows the floor plan? I'd love to see it!
Yeah for your house!!!! You have an up AND down stairs now! So exciting and lots of fun. Hurray!!!
Um....you visit EVERY day?!?! Next time you do you really need to call me and you can see how close of neighbors we will be.
Post a Comment