Tuesday, April 8, 2008
The Results Are In
Kyle's lab results came back totally normal, so he is going to be fine. Now, to tell you why we were a little nervous. They were testing him for Stevens Johnson Syndrome. We of course googled it and the first thing we read is that it is a "potentially fatal drug reaction." We read more and it said that the skin would blister, then slough off, and sometimes skin grafts were used in treatment. Not exactly comforting news. As we read we figured at most he had the more mild form (which had some other name) but even that didn't seem likely. We were pretty sure we were in the clear, but it is nice to know for sure. So, two more days of steroids and hopefully he will look like his normal self. He doesn't act like it is bugging him at all which is nice. Anyway, all is well. We just have to stay away from all Penicillin based drugs, so we are getting that put in all of his charts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YEAH, YEAH! That gives you a nice sigh of relief - poor buddy, what a catch 22, ear infections and allergy to the drug to treat it...am home with the girls today (not sure I even want to speak of why as I am so disappointed in my dc service right now). May be out later if attitudes and weather permit :)
Good news. I bet that's a weight off your shoulders. He was cute even with spots.
lesson of the day: AVOID WEB MD! You'll freak yourself out!
I'm glad the little guy is OK.
Very fortunate to be "just" a drug reaction. Here's to hoping he gets better soon. We'll pray for you.
-Braden and Kerry-
Thanks - I will write to her right away! Had fun today and it is good for them to get this sharing thing down :) Hard to be 3 and compromise!
Oh and yeah, if you want to check with her first before I send the email - I am all about saving on shipping and am no rush so if they brought with them that would be great! Let me know!
So I guess that means no moldy bread? Darn. I'm glad everything's okay!
Post a Comment