Overnight Kyle did not improve, in fact he got worse. You can tell his face looks pretty bad, and the rest of him isn't much better. He has a lot of swelling, and he is starting to bruise all over. I took him to the doctor this morning and apparently this is a severe allergic reaction to Amoxicillin. We got a steroid prescription to try to get rid of the bumps and swelling, and he gave us extra in case this ever happens again. We also got to go have blood drawn to check for some scary problems. We've looked online, and it looks like he probably doesn't have anything too scary, but we will know for sure tomorrow. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures of our happy, polka-dot boy.
4 comments:
Poor guy! I'm glad he's not too miserable. I hope you guys can get it figured out and everything turns out okay (he sure is cute, spots and all!)
Poor Kyle. And your parents are out of town for the drama. Don't you just hate that! Hang in there.
Poor little Kyle! I hope you guys get it all figured out and that it's nothing scary.
Wow! How miserable to be allergic to amoxicillan. That's like the everything antibiotic. I hope that he continues to get better. How are you coping? I think I would be one stressed out momma!
Post a Comment