Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Projects


We decided to take on some of our summer projects Monday and Tuesday. Here is what we have done so far.It is disgusting how much dirt there is on the deck. I never realize it until we begin the pressure washing. Much improved. We still have to reseal it, but that will come this weekend probably.
Here is Brandon, working hard in the rain. Go figure we picked the worst day of the week to do it, but he would have been wet anyway (or at least that was what I told him before he went out).
Brandon also made cute little planter boxes for the deck with my dad. We now have 6 of them with various flowers in them. Evan picked snapdragons as his flower (he thought dragons sounded "awesome"). We have geraniums, violas, and trailing lobelia, plus one full of herbs.
All the projects and trips to Lowe's and Home Depot have exhausted the boys. I love how there heads are tipped the same way, and somehow they always are when they fall asleep in the car.

4 comments:

Jamie Gibeau said...

YEAH! Another nice thing to look at in your backyard :) Thanks for more ideas and holy cow, we need to pressure wash our deck! Think we could do that and then work on the grass...if we get those two accomplished this summer we are GOLDEN! Cool for Friday...sounds like it will be about 100 degrees out (or will feel about that way) and we will be out - our friends from former daycare will be here around noon and they are all still nappers so we will see you in the morn before they get here and then after nap :)

Anne Bennion said...

Fun projects. I love the planter boxes.

Batman Forever said...

Cute planters. You are feeling ambitious this week.

Andreas V said...

looks like you guys have a really nice place. I'm impressed.