Thursday, July 31, 2008
The Fair
These are a little out of order, but oh well. Wednesday we went to the fair and actually let Evan ride some of the rides. I think we have a ride addict on our hands now. He loved it.

Brandon, Bryce, Evan and I did the bumper cars. The ride broke down a few times before we got on, but we had a pretty good run. Everybody in our group managed to steer okay so we didn't just have to sit in the middle the whole time.

My mom sacrificed her turn on the bumper cars so we could go, and amazingly she managed to get Kyle to fall asleep. He normally won't do that for anybody, but she said the creaking of the ferris wheel and all those fun carnival ride songs lulled him to sleep.
Evan liked the ferris wheel, but he kept wanting to stand up to look over the edge. Luckily my dad kept a good hold on him.
Here we are when we first arrived at the fair checking out the exotic animals. This was a zedonk, also called a zonkey (whichever you prefer).
Bryce took Evan in to pet the animals. He is getting so much braver. Before he wouldn't get real close, but this time he was walking right up to stuff by himself and petting them.
Evan got to ride his first roller coaster, and he did it all by himself. I was amazed that he walked up, handed the guy his ticket, and went and sat down. He is getting so grown up braving this stuff by himself (he even walked all the way to the top of the big slide thing and went down it by himself). It makes me happy to see him being brave and independent, but sad my baby is no longer a baby. I am definitely not ready for him to start school, so I guess I'm glad he misses the deadline and has another two years. Maybe I'll be ready for preschool next year....maybe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way too much fun. Iain is jealous. He's been to one fair and now he's hooked!
Post a Comment