Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkins and Trunk-or-Treating

We finally carved our pumpkins Friday night.

The boys were a little unsure at first, but eventually they helped hollow them out (a little).
Evan picked out the design for his and was very impressed with Brandon's work when it was done.
Here are the four finished projects. A bat, pirate ship, weird monster, and the pumpkin of fire (as Evan has named it). For your information, I actually carved two of them this year, the bat and the pumpkin of fire (although Brandon designed it).Here are the boys just before the trunk-or-treat/ carnival at the church. It was the only time I had them both sitting still all night.
Our friends/neighbors came with us this year and the boys loved it. I love this picture of Kyle and Reese as they both refuse to look at the camera. "Camera, what camera, I don't see a camera."Batman and his princess. Evan had fun showing Camryn around (we got there before them) and demonstrating how to do all of the different games before giving her a turn. He even walked with his hand behind her back guiding her to their next adventure.
When the trunk-or-treating finally started Kyle didn't get it at first. He did a few trunks then decided to eat a lollipop while I carried him to the rest. After watching Evan clean up on candy (he didn't get any while being carried) he took off on his own. He went over to the car next to us and hit them up for 6 or 7 pieces I think. This is him dragging back his loot.

3 comments:

Dave and Cindy said...

They're so cute!

Kelly said...

Love the pumpkins and the kids look like they had a great time at Trunk or Treat! We did Hunter's last year-boy that big slide is fast if you are wearing athletic pants! Totally fun!

Brianne said...

How cute. I'm impressed with your carving skillz. I'll post a picture of my pumpkin so you can see how much better you are than me. I am also impressed that Kyle figured out the trick-or-treating thing. Kaylin never did.