Brandon here,
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, you can't shake a gift bag to0 easily.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. Real. Real. Artificial are for hyperallergenic or old people.
3. When do you put up the tree? The morning after Thanksgiving at the earliest. December 1st at the latest.
4. When do you take the tree down? After new years.
5. Do you like eggnog? I love Wilcox eggnog because if it's incredibly high cream content, but they closed their dairy farm down here, so I can't find it, but other brands aren't too shabby.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Heman! I have the POWER!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Parents. What do you buy someone who has everything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Evan, he wants everything, it's hard to find something he doesn't want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, we have Fisher Price's Little People nativity (totally childproof!) and a second one with wooden figures from Mexico.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. But it's tempting to just put one on the blog.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Socks and underwear. Come on, we gotta buy that stuff anyway, don't put it under the tree!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I've started as early as September.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Hmmm, I don't think so, except those special treasures from white elephant parties.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade almond rocha, chocolate pecan turtles, and (as always) mashed potatoes and gravy
16. Lights on the tree? multi colored, but thinking about switching to white next year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? When My Heart Finds Christmas by Harry Connick Jr.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.. every other year.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, but I giggle when I say one of their names, because it's a dirty word in German.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, it's a creepy Santa Claus that has fiber optic lights in it's beard and robe that change colors. Becca says it looks evil when it's red.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Christmas day. Where's the anticipation of waking up at 4 am to see if Santa filled your sock if you do it on Christmas eve!?
22. Does Santa Wrap your presents? No, they are left under the tree with a bow, pre-assembled if appropriate. (what if they recognize the wrapping paper?)
23. Snow, Love it or Dread it? Love it initially, white and clean, makes everything beautiful. After a few days, when it's brown slush, then the dread comes.
24. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum. If I get one of those miniature ones, that's all I need for the year.
25. What the most important thing about the season? Family and the general feeling of love and charity and remembering the birth of the savior.
6 comments:
Hey what are you saying we are old or hyperallergenic over here??? :) Thanks for backing me up with the opening gifts on Christmas morning :)
So, out with it, who's the naughty reindeer?:)
Vixen. Germans will actually change the name of that reindeer to not say it in the song. Usually "Nixon" was used in it's place. It has a similar meaning to our English word, but it has more derogatory connotations to Germans, partially because their F-word sounds similar.
I think we're going to do white so it is generic for any baby that comes in the future and maybe baby blue knobs. We'll see how creative we get though! :) Hope all is well with the Christmas hustle and bustle! :)
Thanks for deleting the comment actually, I never would have thought to do it myself, you guys are smart! And I will definitely be commenting again :-P
Post a Comment