Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Prep

The week leading up to Easter we did a few things to get ready. The boys had some bonding over how to play Leapster, and I thought it was adorable that Evan was trying to explain how to play, while I set up.....
A practice Easter egg hunt in the backyard (note the sunshine and the fact that we were in shorts). I make my boys do practice hunts their first year so they get the hang of what is going on. It helps with the hunts at the various community events later so they aren't quite as overwhelmed.
Friday we went to Grammie and Gramps' house (my grandparents) to paint eggs for the family gathering on Sunday. The boys painted 3 dozen eggs in record time, and they turned out pretty well. They even had little paintbrushes for the boys to use which they loved.
Kyle showing off one of his masterpieces. The best part were all of the fingerprints on the eggs in various colors from all the paint they had on their hands by the end.
Afterwards Kyle settled in for some story time with Gramps.

No comments: