My little sister, Katie, came home for Easter weekend. Since my parents were gone for Spring Break for the first 24 hours of her visit, we got to have her play with us. I think the boys felt they had a hostage and they thoroughly enjoyed it.

First off on Evan's list of things to do with Aunt Tay....a game of Clue. She won but it was a close match. He was so excited because he learned how to be his own team for Clue recently so he got to play with just her. After Clue he made her play Candy Land, where he redeemed himself with a quick win.

After games they got ready for bed and their slumber party. Evan was glad to hear she remembered jammies and a toothbrush....she came so prepared. They turned on Bolt and all set up camp in the living room. Katie was more into the slumbering, and they were more into the partying, but they had fun.

In the morning we decorated another dozen eggs. You can never have too many Easter eggs I guess. We will be making deviled eggs and who knows what else with eggs this week.

Then off to the hunts. We hit up two local hunts, even in the rain. Kyle was a little nervous about the crowds, but Evan was a champ this year in his new age division where you have to hunt by yourself. At the second hunt he went skipping from egg to egg refusing to pick up anything that wasn't a Spiderman egg. It didn't make for a very full basket, but he was very excited.

Kyle was excited once he realized that all the eggs contained "canny" (when I had them hunt they had crackers and other random snacks). I didn't know a boy this size could put away so much candy, but I think he polished off his haul on the car ride home.

Before we left to get Grandma and Grandpa, Evan showed Tay how to play Wii Fit and helped her get in a good workout. I think they are doing the hula-hoop here.
Thanks for a fun day Tay! We hope we didn't drive you too crazy and that you'll come back for another slumber party soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment