Friday, April 3, 2009

Ultrasound Results

First off let me say I love my doctor. My ultrasound was scheduled for next Friday, but when I went in last week she said she knew it must be driving me nuts not knowing, and had me call and tell them she gave permission to move the ultrasound up a week. Again, I love my doctor. The baby was being kind of a pain doing all sorts of gymnastics while the tech was trying to get measurements, and it was driving the tech nuts, but we managed to get some good shots and find out.......
That this cute face is our baby GIRL!!!
I think we were both in shock that it is actually a girl, although we've both thought it all along. Evan told us there was a baby girl in my tummy before we knew we were pregnant, and he has insisted on it since (he talks to the baby and it talks to him apparently). I guess we were all right this time.It is kind of hard to see in the scan, but that is her head with her feet up above it. She was bent completely backward with her knees in her nose and feet kicking her head for a while. Perhaps she is going to be a gymnast. The money shot. Her behind is on the right, legs sticking out to the left. We got multiple pictures and angles, and the tech didn't even say 95% sure or anything, just that this was definitely a girl. After the 3rd or 4th time we came across her rear end I agreed fully.
In other news she is already measuring a bit big for her age (just like the boys) and her head is about a week ahead of schedule. The tech thought they may need to do another ultrasound before delivery to be sure her head isn't too big. I'm not too concerned. Looks like we will be having another early baby.
Now to start buying lots of pink things!!!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great news! How fun to have a little girl join your family!

Laura said...

Yay a girl - how exciting!!!

Kathy Habel said...

Yeah! Congrats!

Batman Forever said...

Yahoo!!! So exciting. Congratulations.

Becky said...

Yeah for princessess!! At first all the pink is nauseating, but you get use to it after awhile. What fun for you guys- break out the Disney princess movies!!

L and T said...

congrats, I bet your mom is so excited.

Kelly said...

Oh that is so exciting! I love my Brody, but I don't know what I'd do without my Kelsi-girl. I love having a little girly helper in the kitchen and she always makes me 'dinner' in her own kitchen in the playroom. I love it!

Yes, at first so much pink, you are thinking-what am doing living in Pepto-land? But you just can't seem to stop yourself. Plus, babies look so cute in it! So happy for you!

Brianne said...

Yea! A girl!

Dave and Cindy said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Sarah Q said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you! Girls are awesome...although we don't know what boys are like, but we adore our baby girl! She'll have Brandon wrapped around her little finger....just like Sophie does Cory :)

Jodi Bernard said...

Yeah!! I can't believe it's a girl! Have fun being girly!