Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday!

Today Evan turned 5. I can't believe it has been 5 years since we brought this little guy home from the hospital.
We opened presents yesterday since Brandon was asleep all day today. He was so excited with his legos and new 2 wheeled scooter. Kyle was excited for the 3 wheeled scooter that got passed down to him. I love that he was willing to let Kyle sit by him and be in on all of the action and he even let Kyle take his new scooter for a ride.
Today we played legos all morning, I took him to McDonalds for a Happy Meal for lunch, and then he had a date with Grandma and Grandpa. They took him to Red Robin for dinner where he got balloons, stickers, apparently he got to hug Red, they sang to him, and he got a free dessert. Very exciting. Then they went for a "surprise activity." After he guessed about a million things on the way there, and asked what an activity was, they ended up at Build-A-Bear. He created Sammy, the wolf in a Spiderman costume. He barks instead of howling because Evan wanted him to seem nicer I guess. Overall he has had a fabulous birthday.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, that is one awesome birthday! I love Sammy :) The time flies and now I know why my mom kept telling me that. It is unbelievable. I really don't take these days for granted because I know my cuddly, little kids with dimples in the hands and squeaky little voices will change fast enough.

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Happy Birthday Evan! Little Grace is absolutely gorgeous - these are the first pics I've seen of her, I blog hopped from Camille and Bryce's blog :).

Hope you are all doing well, see you around hopefully!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Woops - forgot to mention that it's Melissa (Owen and Nigel's mom)