Sunday, January 30, 2011

Big Girl Room

We finished Grace's room this week, so here is the big reveal. The bedroom set was my great-grandma's. Brandon made new drawer handles to give it more of a little girl look. Even with the two rails she has still managed to wiggle her way out of the bed twice. No wonder she hated her crib, she is on the go even while she sleeps.
A close up of one of the flowers above her bed. Brandon painted these and my dad cut them out. He even came up with multiple designs and had the people at work vote on their favorite. This was it and I love it!
My mom made the cute valances for us out of a bedskirt. Very cost effective and cute. The name letters and bookshelf were from her old bedroom.
The handles for the big dresser. Brandon made these too. Very tricky to spray paint things like this we learned.
Just a cute pic of Grace in a new dress today. My parents bought this for her in Germany I think before we were even pregnant with her. I thought it would be way to big on her, but its not. Guess what she will be wearing to church the next few weeks.

7 comments:

Scott & Marcie said...

Love the room Becca, it was fun to see your house this Christmas while we were there. Your little family seems so happy:)

Camille said...

Wow looks so good! i love the flowers! She looks so cute in her dress! They grow out of stuff too fast, I think she should wear it everyday! :)

jwarning said...

We bought that dress before you were even pregnant with Evan. So cute!

Brianne said...

I love it! You guys are so talented!

Katie said...

Good thing you tried the dress on! Now she needs wooden clogs to go with it

Dawn said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the dress--makes me want to start yodling. :) Also, nice job on the wall art, Brandon! So artistic!

Sylvia Mae Barrus Smith said...

Hi, I just finished talking with Marilyn via video-Skype. I have the sniffles so did not want to go out. She suggested that I read your blog. She surely loves and enjoys your family.
The bedroom is adorable, the little Grace even more so.