Monday, February 11, 2008

There are no monsters


We came home from errands late tonight and Kyle was crying in the car. This happens a lot when it is dark, but tonight Evan decided to comfort him. I could hear him talking quietly to him and this was what I got to hear.

It's okay Kyle, there are no monsters. That is just Mommy and Daddy. That is your Mommy, and your Daddy. They will keep you safe.

I thought it was so cute. I guess telling Evan there are no monsters is finally working and he decided to fill his little brother in. It made me smile.

7 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Too bad you didn't get that on video. I love moments like that. Too cute.

Brianne said...

That is so cute. I can't wait until Kaylin can do cute things like that.

Anne Bennion said...

Brothers do surprise you and say nice things every now and then. Good job Evan!

Sassyfrass said...

I love it when they take the role of big brother so seriously.

Leigh said...

wait ... there are no monsters? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS EARLIER!

L and T said...

How sweet, he sounds like such a sweet boy

Andreas V said...

What a nice big brother. He is just too cute.