Friday, May 1, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Evan has had some pretty funny comments lately and I wanted to write them down before I forget.

First up....he blew some bubbles and said "these bubbles are lovely, because I blew them with love." I have no idea where he pulled that from, but it made me laugh.

Next while fishing with Grandpa he saw the ever hard to spot "bald headed seagull." I still have yet to see one, but from what I hear it looks just like a Bald Eagle. In his description it kind of sounds like a crow too.

Up next...he is working on reading two digit numbers. While we were out driving he saw a 25 mph sign. He said I could go two five, and when I asked what number that was he said "tootie-five." When you think about it that makes a lot more sense than twenty-five.

Lastly...today on the way home he says "remember when I was with baby Jesus and I was a leopard?" I paused so he followed up with something about us taking pictures. I finally remembered when he was a shepherd and posed with a baby as baby Jesus for a nativity thing at church. I was giggling though picturing my crazy leopard.

I wish I could remember the others, but for now that will have to do.
In Kyle funnies, yesterday Evan asked him to come play and he replied "I too sweepy" and proceeded to crawl up in my bed with his blanket and stuffed Georgie and fell asleep in less than 5 minutes. Why can't every nap be that easy?

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Too funny. I tried to tell Eric about the "tootie five" episode and he totally didn't get it. Maybe just math people think it's hilarious, I don't know. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

Those are absolutely hysterical. I love it!