Last night they went to bed. The dog was in bed with them, the door was shut, and the alarm was on. About 12:30 someone starts playing the piano. This of course scares them to death. My dad gets up to scare off the intruder. He turns on the hall light and the piano playing gets faster. As he comes around the corner to see who is playing the piano, he finds and opossum. Not a baby, a big one...bigger than the dog. He gets a duster and starts running around trying to scare it out of the house (in his underwear). I really wish I had pictures. The opossum ran all through the house, over the computer, through the kitchen, into the guest bedroom, into the crib, (hissing at my dad the whole time) before finally getting out of the house about 15 minutes later. There was not much sleeping at their place after that. Thank goodness I kept the dog at our house Friday because the opossum has been in their house since then, and it would have scared the crud out of me. I think I would have called the cops to see if they could come get it. Also thank goodness it didn't come out while they were awake or decide to sleep in their room. Anyway....at least it is over and everyone is fine. Also, thank goodness they didn't put poor Leo down. He is still going to have his check up, but we're thinking he probably isn't crazy.
8 comments:
Crazy story. Poor Leo, the fall dog. He was taking the fall for the stupid opossum. I would have been scared to death. Glad the mystery is solved.
What did the deleted comment say???
It was some random thing about a vacation website. It said click here to learn more and took you to some random blog.
that is CRAZY!
they should kill that possum and have him join my dad's old running team, the dead opossum's.
Oh my goodness! I was laughing so hard reading that. The image of your Dad running around chasing a hissing opossum is classic!!!
http://www.messingerwoods.org/humaninterest.htm
no more anonymous comments? o man, guess i'll have to use OLIGARCHY
okay, anyway, the link above is about another piano playing opossum...they got a picture!!!
---LYNNE
This had me laughing so hard! My friends have a "visitor" (seems much smaller) in their home right now that ate its way in through a vent...they are quite freaked out; thank God they don't have a piano! :)
I needed that laugh! Your poor parents and the poor dog! I think I would have just locked myself in a room and hoped it left on its own.
Post a Comment