Monday, March 31, 2008

Building our bedroom.

Last Monday we started the hunt for our bedroom furniture. We exhaustively searched through about 15 furniture stores in 2 days. We went to a large family owned business in Tacoma as a suggestion (thanks Grammie) and we found the bed that we had been looking for. Both of us just sat down and looked at it in awe. We ordered the pieces we wanted and went home to post our old stuff on Craig's list. No takers yet, but maybe we'll just give it to some newlyweds at church or something. Friday it came. We still love it. Sadly, our nightstands were back ordered, so our old ones still reside until the new ones arrive (6-12 weeks).
Fabulous sleigh
Beautiful dresser.
Manly chest.
Gorgeous inlays.

The nightstands are basically a small version of the chest. Next we're going to paint the walls and move some furniture around. Our room is the only room left in the house with the original white paint. Any paint color suggestions?

9 comments:

Batman Forever said...

Pull out the yellow color from the bed. I love the set. I'm so jealous. Our is old and scruffy.

Brianne said...

I love those inlays. I'm jealous that you'll have nightstands, we haven't found any that we like yet so our bedroom looks pretty unfinished with our old tiny ones. I like "batman"'s yellow paint idea. I'm pretty boring and neutral so I'd probably go with a beige color. So my vote is either yellow or beige.

Sassyfrass said...

I third the vote for yellow. The set goes so nicely with that bedding.

Georgia and David said...

congrats, these are beautiful!

Dawngirl said...

Hi, I finally registered so I can post comments. :) Yay! Anyway, I love the new furniture. Yellow would be great, but I would make it a soft, warm gold tone, perhaps not quite as bright as the yellow in the bed so that it stands out more...?

Jamie Gibeau said...

Funny I was going to say yellow/gold too...so I think you have a consensus here :) Looks great - As I stare at our "boring" bed and mismatched nightstands, I think that will be my next savings plan "Mommy & Daddy's bedroom"!! Cam ventured out with her bike tonight...tried to see Evan but we were on a dinner/Grace visiting crunch. See you soon!

Jamie Gibeau said...

We are also going to be home Thursday (part of the long story) so after Cam's wellness appt (at 9 a.m.) and a couple errands I need to run (got some shoes waiting for me at Payless :) if we are not all still sniffly with this cold let's get together then too! Friday I will have two (not 3) other kids - a boy who is 3 and a girl who is 2 so we will need the fresh outdoors but hopefully Thursday the kids can ride their bikes together!

Leigh said...

I wish you lived closer. I'm in need of bedroom furniture, and I'd take yours :)

Camille said...

Beautiful furniture! Very schnazy!!